Occupational Health & Safety
BBN Constructions operates an accredited Occupational Health and Safety Management System AS/NZS 4801:2001. As a result, safe daily work activities and responses to safety issues are major company priorities. BBN will develop project specific safety and communication plans which will be included in the construction management plan. The following potential site specific risks have been identified and the matrix outlines proposed mitigation strategies and person/s responsible for action.
BBN acknowledges its obligation to comply with relevant Occupational Health & Safety legislation and Codes of Practice to work towards an accident-free workplace. By establishing measurable objectives and actively maintaining and reviewing the company’s Occupational Health & Safety Management System and thereby ensuring continuous improvement.
BBN Constructions operates an accredited Quality Assurance System AS/NZS ISO 9001:2015. The system has been developed over many years and ensures the delivery of high quality projects. Our well-developed procedures and processes facilitate a consistent and controlled communication flow within the BBN team and with the Principal’s project team. Project documentation and correspondence is tracked and managed to ensure thorough and timely responses, thereby minimising the risk of errors and delays. BBN have significant experience in delivering State Government facilities and are familiar with the documentation requirements of projects administered under AS2124.
BBN seeks to minimise environmental impacts, achieve continual improvement and prevent pollution during construction activities. Our environmental policy delivers economic, social and environmental benefits to the community by promoting an environmentally aware culture and adopting risk management processes in dealing with environmental hazards.
- Establishing an innovative Environmental Management System
- Creating a culture of sustainable environmental management
- Establishing clear lines of accountability for environmental outcomes
- Continual improvement of our environmental performance
- Developing effective processes for environmental awareness, education and training
- Measuring and reporting environmental performance
- Creating a climate of transparency and building strategic partnerships with key environmental stakeholders.